We all have heard and read about Emu in school. Yes, the second largest flightless birdin the world after Ostrich. It is the largest bird in Australia.
But, did you know that this bird is now utilized to derive a type of oil called Emu oil that is beneficial for skin and hair? In fact, it treats hair loss. Want to know more. Here is the detailed information in emu oil for hair loss reviews.
What is Emu oil?
Derived from the fat deposits of the world’s second-largest bird, Emu oil has been in use for centuries. The aborigines of Australia used this oil to heal wounds. But, in recent times backed by scientific studies the oil has created a buzz in the world of beauty and care.
It holds a prominent place there. Enriched in essential fatty acids, the oil is beneficial to hair and skin. In fact, a study reveals that the nutrients of the oil make it appropriate to heal burns and wounds.
Moreover, these nutrients help in the restoration and stimulation of hair follicles cell division. Thus, it is evident that the oil makes hair follicle more mature and active that results in hair growth.
Is Emu oil good for hair? Emu oil benefits for hair
The efficiency of EMU oil in treating skin and hair has garnered remarkable appreciation. With its anti-inflammatory properties, the oil is an essential ingredient in the recipes of skincare products.
Infact, in the treatment of healing wounds and burns this oil is always the first choice. Now, if you ask how well the oil is for hair growth? Then the answer is, it has not one but many goodness that facilitates hair growth.
- The non-phosphorous composition:
Owing to, its non-phosphorous composition and similarity to human sebum the oil perforates into the scalp. This property makes it a brilliant carrier of minoxidil, the topical scalp medicine; for male pattern baldness. The oil increases the potency of the medicine.
- The presence of Linolenic acid:
The oil contains Linolenic acid which is a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor. Now, what is 5-alpha reductase? Well, it is an enzyme that converts testosterone to dihydrotestosterone. The hyper secretion of this dihydrotestosterone causes hair loss. The acid acts as a prohibitor. It prohibits the action of 5-alpha reductase. Eventually reduces the secretion of dihydrotestosterone get reduced. As a result, reduction in the rate of hair fall is noticed.
- Reduction of oxidative stress on the scalp:
Many of us either have or have no knowledge about oxidative stress. What is it? Oxidative stress is an imbalance between free oxygen molecules and antioxidants in the body. It is caused by over- accumulation of the free oxygen radicals. This phenomenon is harmful for hair. Emu oil helps in the reduction of oxidative stress. It treats scalp problems like, dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis. It gives relief from scalp infection. It helps in prevention of hair degradation and hairloss. It motivates hair growth.
- The oil acts as a moisturizer:
We know that for healthy, soft, shiny hair moisturization is very important. Pure emu oil is a good moisturizer as well. The oil gives intense moisturization to every roots and shaft of the hair. Thus, it not only promotes hair growth but also, makes hair healthy, soft and shiny.
- Emu oil is a good emulsifier:
Emu oil is useful in treating male pattern baldness. How? Minoxidil (the medicine for pattern baldness) when mixed with ethanol and propylene glycol can cause dryness, itchiness and even have a poor scalp penetration. Studies and researches reveal the medicine when mixed with emu oil penetrates the scalp with no side effects. Rather, it generates a more effective result in the treatment.
- Deep penetration:
The molecules of Emu oil are smaller in size and its composition is similar to natural skin oil. This makes the oil to penetrate deeply into the layers of skin than any other hair oil even castor oil. Yes, emu oil gives more positive result in hair regrowth than castor oil.
Suggested Read : Garlic Shampoo for Hair growth
How long does emu oil take to work on hair?
Emu oil promotes the regrowth of hair at a faster rate. It is an amazing but true fact that oil can stop hair loss and can generate hair regrowth in 30 days. This is evident from the clinical test carried out in England. The participants of the test were asked to apply the oil to their scalp.
The result inferred was quite surprising. The participants had an average hair growth of 8% per month and an average of 48% regrowth over six months. The study says that a remarkable difference gets noticed in 30 to 90 days.
How do Emu oil benefits scalp and hair
- It revitalizes the scalp.
- It penetrates the scalp to stimulate hair growth.
- It revives hair follicles for cell growth.
- It makes hair follicles active and mature for hair regrowth.
- The anti-inflammatory properties soothe the scalp.
- It is a moisturizer. It seals moisture of the hair and makes hair soft shiny and healthy.
- It is a good emulsifier. Minoxidil mixed with this oil showed effective results in treating pattern baldness.
7 Best Emu oil for you.
- Leven Rose 100%Pure & Organic Emu oil
- PRO Emu Oil- AEA Certified Oil
- Hair Thickness Maximizer Emu oil
- Emu Joy AEA Certified 100% Emu oil
- InstaNatural Emu Oil-AEA Certified Oil
- Naturals New Zealand Pure Emu oil
- Australia Natural Pure Emu Oil
1. Leven Rose 100%Pure & Organic Emu oil
This Leven Rose Emu oil is especially designed for your hair, skin, nails, scars and stretch marks. Free from BPA, paraben and any other additives this oil heals and soothes your skin and hair.
The presence of linoleic acid, oleic acid and Omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids moisturizes hair. It promotes hair Regrowth. It comes in a very easy-to-use amber bottle with a dropper to make application more convenient. The brand never goes back on the promise.
- Contains linoleic acid, oleic acid and Omega 3 6 and 9 fatty acids.
- Free from paraben, BPA and other additives.
- Soothes scalp and hair.
- Moisturises hair.
- Facilitate hair Regrowth.
- Completely pure natural oil.
- Easy to apply.
2. PRO Emu Oil- AEA Certified Oil
PRO emu oil, certified by American Emu Association is triple refined oil. This is the highest possible grade of Emu oil available. The unsaturated fatty acid in it showers loads of goodness to your skin and hair.
It moisturizes and hydrates hair. It reduces split ends and makes your hair soft and shiny. This oil has a brilliant performance in beard growth, too. So, if you want a remedy for your dull and dry hair then, PRO Emu oil is for you. You won’t get disappointed.
- Triple refined oil.
- AEA Certified.
- Moisturises and hydrates hair.
- Reduces split ends.
- Hair becomes soft and shiny.
- Accelerates beard growth, too.
- Value for money product.
- Has a strong scent.
3. Hair Thickness Maximizer Emu oil
Hair thickness maximiser emu oil is a solution to intense hair loss problem. This oil treats weak, thin and breakable hair with an ease. Completely natural and hypoallergenic, the oil gives intense moisturization and nourishment to hair follicles. The essential fatty acids in it rejuvenate and replenish the tired hair follicles.
In fact, it creates the ideal condition for hair restoration and preserves strong hair follicles. So, with the use of it you would not get your weak hair transformed into strong and healthy version but your strong hair follicles remains intact. Treat your hair with the oil and make it unbreakable, strong and healthy.
- Treats weak, thin and breakable hair.
- Provides intense nourishment.
- Rejuvenates tired hair follicles.
- Preserves strong hair.
- Moisturises hair.
- Easy to use.
4. Emu Joy AEA Certified 100% Emu oil
This is an AEA certified oil. It is completely natural and free from all kind of harmful element. This oil has been created for deep nourishment to both skin and hair.
It gives hydration and intense conditioning to the dull and dry hair. Its non-greasy and light weight texture helps it to penetrate the deepest layer of scalp. In fact it helps in hair Regrowth on the edges of the scalp. It assures that your hair looks soft, supple and beautiful.
- AEA certified.
- Gives deep conditioning.
- Lightweight in texture.
- Penetrate into the deepest layer of scalp.
- Soothes scalp.
- Facilitate hair regrowth on the edges.
- Not recommended for major hair growth.
5. InstaNatural Emu Oil-AEA Certified Oil
If you want that TV commercial type lustrous, shiny smooth hair, then InstaNatural Emu oil can be of help. It has an AEA certification that means it is pure refined oil. It replenishes every part of your hair follicles.
Your dull, dry hair gets transformed into soft, shiny and healthy hair. It moisturizes and hydrates every shafts of hair. Still thinking? Go get it and flaunt your hair.
- Pure and refined.
- AEA Certified.
- Replenishes hair follicle.
- Generates healthy soft hair.
- Moisturises and hydrates hair
- Cannot solve major hair issues.
6. Naturals New Zealand Pure Emu oil
Do you want to have one-stop solution for your thinning hair? Then, emu oil by Naturals New Zealand is a good option. This rich, thick oil moisturizes hair from roots to ends.
It has cleared the allergy test. It is hypoallergenic. It repair spilt ends, rejuvenates the follicles and restores life in the hair. Your thin dull hair now becomes thick and strong.
- Thickens hair.
- Rejuvenate hair follicles.
- Seals the moisture of the hair.
- Restores life of hair.
7. Australia Natural Pure Emu Oil
Australia Natural Pure Emu Oil is one of the best options for Emu oil for hair loss. This hypoallergenic, odorless oil penetrates the scalp and revitalizes hair follicles.
It locks the moisture and provides intense hydration to every strands of hair. Its non-greasy texture makes it very gentle and light on scalp. Formulated for all skin types, it gives intense nourishment to skin and hair. Your skin and hair gets healthier.
- Hypoallergenic and Odourless.
- Revitalises hair follicles.
- Gives intense nourishment to scalp and hair.
- Non-greasy and gentle in texture.
- Frees from parabens and other additives.
- Not recommended for severe hair loss.
How to use Emu oil for hair?
The most important thing you need to know is, you must use emu oil like any regular hair oil. Here are the steps of using the oil for hair.
- Comb hair well before using the oil.
- Now, take a few drops of the oil on your palm and apply it to the hair and scalp.
- Apply it to the roots and hair strands using your fingers and massage well.
- Make sure to massage the oil all over the scalp in a circular motion.
- Now, leave the oil overnight to work.
- To protect the pillowcase you can use a shower cap. The next day wash your hair using a mild shampoo.
Note: if you want you can mix emu oil with coconut oil for use.
Where to buy Emu oil from?
You will get a variety of Emu oils in market. But, you must know which one is the best and safe for you. Normally, you would find ‘processed’ emu oil and ‘rendered’ emu oil.
There is a difference between ‘processed’ and ‘rendered’ emu oil. ‘Processed’ emu oil is free from other body residues of the bird. On the other hand, ‘rendered’ emu oil may have contaminants.
Also, while buying Emu oil you must check whether it is AEA certified or not. This certification ensures that the oil has undergone rigorous testing by independent third party chemists to meets the high standard establishedby the American Emu Association.
It ensures the oil is completely refined and pure. Last but not the least, purchase Emu oil from registered vendors.
FINAL WORDS: EMU OIL FOR HAIR LOSS REVIEWS
In a nutshell, we can say that Emu oil is a reliable product to bank upon. It showered equal goodness to skin and hair. Your hair follicles get stimulated for healthy and strong growth.
It also cuts hair damage. Gradually it prevents hair from getting damaged. You get thick, lustrous hair.
The oil comes with no side effects, at all. Make sure to do a patch test before using the oil in case, you have a sensitive scalp. Don’t forget to maintain a healthy lifestyle to get the best result.