What hair color lasts the longest?
Are your beautiful tresses turning gray? Or do you want to adorn a new look? Just change the shade of your hair. Well, experimenting with hair is a timeless hit formula. And changing the shade of hair is a blockbuster.
So, why will you stay away from it?
From natural, to sophisticated, to bold colorful shades pick the one you like and create a fresh new look all by yourself. You only need to have the best hair color that doesn’t fade off soon.
And we have enlisted the 10 best permanent hair colors here. Don’t forget to read 10 best shampoo & conditioners for permed hair.
List of 10 Best Hair Color that doesn’t fade
- ARCTIC FOX Vegan and Cruelty-Free Semi-Permanent Hair Color
- Keracolor Clenditioner Hair Dye
- REVLON Colorsilk Permanent Hair Color with 3D Gel Technology
- Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Hair Color Creme
- L’Oreal Paris Excellence Creme Permanent Hair Color
- Schwarzkopf Keratin Color Permanent Hair Color Cream
- Garnier Olia Oil Powered Permanent Hair Color
- WELLA Color Charm Demi Permanent Hair Color
- Herbatint Permanent Haircolor Gel Mahogany
- Clairol Age Defy Permanent Hair Dye
1. ARCTIC FOX Semi-Permanent Hair Color Dye
Bold is beautiful! Whether it is your personality or your hair. Arctic Fox believes in the beauty of boldness and made it the inspiration for the vibrant shades of hair dyes. Let me tell you the dyes are the best of the best hair color.
Arctic Fox hair colors are semi-permanent hair dyes that are not only free from harmful chemicals but also free from animal by-products.
Yes, it is a strictly vegan color.
So, vegans, this is something you would love to bank upon. These colors are completely safe. There are no traces of ammonia, peroxide, PPD, ethyl alcohol. That’s why you can use it often. On that note, you should know it is good in conditioning hair and restoring vibrancy.
- Available in more than 10 shades.
- Absolutely chemical-free, ammonia-free and cruelty-free product.
- Very hydrating and nourishing.
- Ideal for dry hair.
- Ideal for frequent use.
- Not long-lasting.
- Bleeds with the after-wash.
2. Keracolor Clenditioner Hair Dye- (19 Colors) Depositing Color Conditioner
Bring your dull hair back to life with the clenditioner hair dye by Keracolor. The color is equally interesting as its name and shades. It is formulated with 3C formula– the color, cleanse and condition formula that works together on your hair and makes them irresistibly gorgeous.
So, be ready to get the most super soft, shiny and bold and vibrant tresses with the best-rated semi-permanent hair color. Be ready to get an all new refreshing look just like the one created in the salon.
And if you are worried about any kind of damage that may happen by this color, then relax. This hair color hardly causes any damage.
Each shade of the color are enriched with Shea butter, almond oil, coconut oil, jojoba extracts and infused keratin formula that doesn’t allow any kind of damage to affect the hair.
- Come in 19 different shades to choose from.
- Intense and rich-pigmented formula.
- Last till 15 shampoos.
- Perfect for dry hair.
- Sulfate and paraben-free vegan hair color.
- Very limited stock available.
3. Revlon Color silk Permanent Hair Color
Ammonia bleaches the natural tint of your hair and sadly enough, several hair colors are created with this ammonia. But, now it is time to say bye to all the ammonia-based hair color, for there is something revolutionary by Revlon.
Revlon has brought an ammonia-free 41 shades of Colorsilk permanent hair color in an easy-to-use hair color kit. This makes it quite simple to use at home. It is the best ammonia-free hair color in the USA.
Colorsilk ensures 100% grey coverage and at the same time, it will never disappoint you in achieving a rich, long lasting hair color. It is created with 3D color gel technology that gives rich, natural-looking pigmentation with long-lasting shine.
You get silky, shiny, refreshing natural, sophisticated tinted hair to fall in love with. Moreover, it renders a multi-tone color from roots to tips. You can easily call it one of the best hair color that doesn’t fade.
Revlon Hair color will leave your hair silky and shiny and even better texture than that before color. This product from Revlon will render multi-tone color from root to tip to your hair.
It includes cream developer, Ammonia-free colorant, after-color conditioner, gloves and instructions.
- Available in 41 natural-looking shades.
- 100% ammonia free.
- Infused with Keratin and silk amino acid.
- Imparts a texture better than before color phase.
- Value for money.
- Not too long-lasting.
4. Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Hair Color Crème
The pioneer of the hair care industry Garnier has been in the business for more than a century, precisely 117 years. Well, it will be no wrong to call it an encyclopedia of hair care and that is evident in its products.
Nutrisse is one such breakthrough formula inspired and derived from natural ingredients. Enriched with Triple oil formula – Avocado oil, olive oil and Shea oil, it perfectly nourishes hair while rendering rich, long-lasting desired hair color.
It is the only hair color that comes with a separate ampoule of grapeseed oil for enhanced nourishment. Just pour it in the color mix.
Garnier Nutrisse nourishing crème color is an easy to use at home hair dye with non-drip crème formula that gives you salon-treated hair with full coverage of your grays. Your hair will look shiny with accurate pigmentation from roots to tips.
It includes crème developer, nourishing color crème, fruit oil ampoule, nourishing conditioner, gloves and instruction guide.
- Available in 45 nourishing shades.
- Absolutely ammonia free, essential oils enriched.
- 100% coverage to grey hair.
- Ensures up to 8 weeks of vibrant color.
- Value for money.
- The shades are darker than the darkest.
5. L’Oreal Paris Excellence Crème
L’Oreal Paris has rightly termed the crème color as excellence as nothing will protect your hair better, simultaneously ensuring full coverage to your gray hair. Its exclusive triple protection system infused with Ceramide, Pro-Keratin Complex, and collagen seals, replenishes and conditions every strand before, during and after coloring. Truly, it is one of the best permanent hair colors of 2021.
The color is definitely an answer to what hair dye lasts the longest. It guarantees 8 weeks of color protection.
With a non-drip crème formula, Excellence crème ensures rich radiant tinted hair where its weekly collagen conditioning treatment protects hair until the next coloring session. And if you have any color-treated ends then the pre-color treatment prevents from color buildup. That’s a really excellent feature. Oh yes, it is ammonia-free too.
Include color comb, pre-color treatment, developer, color crème, conditioning treatment, instructions sheet and gloves.
- Available in vibrant shades of black, brown, red and blonde.
- Full coverage to stubborn grays.
- Excellently protect hair before, during and after coloration.
- Non-fading, Long lasting formula.
- Value for money.
- It is a demi-permanent color.
6. Schwarzkopf Keratin Color
Create your style statement with Schwarzkopf Keratin color. This one of the best hair color gives you professional radiant tresses through a few simple steps at home. The color hardly fades. It renders color protection for not less than 10 weeks.
Schwarzkopf keratin color has been formulated with intensive care. It ensures shiny luxurious touch to your hair from root to tip. It comes with a Pre-Color Serum that conditions every strands of hair for a more even radiant and rich pigment.
It is enhanced with K·Bond-Plex that repairs inner hair structure and forms a coating over the surface after the coloration process. This truly makes the hair strong, lustrous and healthy.
If you have hair longer than shoulder length, use 2 boxes of Keratin Color hair dye. It Include1 tube color cream, 1 application bottle with developer lotion, 1 tube pre-conditioner, 1 pair of gloves, and 1 instruction leaflet.
- Available in 20 radiant shades.
- Professional quality hair color
- 80% less breakage.
- Long lasting effect up to 10 weeks.
- Fits our budget.
- Quantity is less than the contemporaries.
7. Garnier Hair Color Olia Oil Powered Permanent Hair Color
Another Garnier hair tint that received immense appreciation is the Olia oil powered hair color. You must be thinking how different it is from Nutrisse? But, at first let’s look at the qualities as a Garnier product.
It is ammonia free hair color with non-drip velvet crème formula that ensures brilliant coloration of every strand from roots to tip. And now, have a look at its uniqueness.
It is made from natural flower oil; to be precise it has 60% oil blend that gives a radiant result with the restoration of moisture, smoothness and thrice the shine than before. With its use you will definitely say goodbye to the dullness and roughness.
- Available in 34 exotic shades.
- Completely natural, free from ammonia and chemicals.
- Very nourishing.
- Cover gray.
- Fits in the budget.
- Not too long-lasting.
8. WELLA Color Charm Demi Permanent Hair Color
WELLA never disappoints. Once again it has done the same thing with the color charm demi-permanent hair color. The crème color is formulated with Cremefuse technology that gives its creamy consistency good saturation, penetration and fusing ability. It is the sole reason behind the delivery of a long-lasting vibrant color.
WELLA color charm ensures silky soft and bright hair with43% more shine to your hair after the application.
It is perfect for gray blending, toning, creating lowlights and glazing to add shine to the color. If you are curious to know how long it lasts it will never disappoint in rendering permanent long-lasting hair color.
The hair color is very economical. Per tube can be used for two applications.
- 100% ammonia free hair color.
- Comes in various radiant shades to choose from.
- Last up to 24 washes if applied correctly.
- Long lasting, rich, luxurious, multi-dimensional hair color.
- Unbelievably budget-friendly.
- Shades darker than expected.
9. Herbatint Permanent Haircolor
What about a hair color having the least chemicals? Hair color and almost no chemicals! Sounds unusual right? But, there is one such color by Herbatint and mark it as one of the best permanent hair colors.
Being free from harsh chemicals especially ammonia, Herbatint gives a rich natural subtle tint that looks great and feels soft with the passage of time. And the credit goes to its natural and organic ingredients. What are they?
Aloe Vera gel, Cinchona Calisaya, Walnut, Rhubarb, White birch, Meadowfoam, Hazelnut and Echinacea. Isn’t the composition unique?
Herbatint is a gel-based hair color that is easy to mix and apply than its contemporaries. Its unique formula also provides nourishment to hair and scalp besides providing natural permanent tint.
- Free from ammonia, and chemicals.
- Offer 36 different color shades.
- Very easy to mix and apply.
- Leftover can be stored for future use.
- The price fits the pocket.
- Conditioner is thin.
- Shades are darker.
10. Clairol Nice’n Easy Perfect 10 Permanent Hair Dye
Noticed your grays but have no time to cover them. Don’t worry just give 10 minutes to Clairol Nice n Easy hair dye. You heard it right in 10 minutes Nice’n Easy hair dye gives a complete stunning coverage to all the grays you have. And it claims to last for 60 days. Isn’t it amazing?
The Nice n Easy hair dye is inspired by the crème formula used in Salon that penetrates intensely into each strand giving rich, glossy, radiant pigmentation from inside out.
In fact, it has a dual conditioning system that includes an advanced conditioner infused color crème formula and a 6-week treatment of color seal intensive conditioning crème for the ultimate glossy tint. But, do what is the best thing; it’s easy to apply kit.
The color comes with a comb applicator that makes the application easy and precise. That is really something unique.
- Dye hair in 10 minutes.
- Luxurious, stunning coverage to all the grays.
- Salon-inspired formula.
- Available in 14 rich shades.
- Stays for 60 days.
- Come with a precise comb applicator.
- Contain ammonia.
Why hair color fades?
Several factors serve as the reason your dim hair color. Let’s take a look at these factors.
1. The pigmentation:
Each color comes in a multiple variant of shades. For instance red, brown has more than one shade and the pigmentation of each shade is different from the other. Longevity of the color depends on this pigmentation. The darker or bolder your hair color is, the longer it will stay.
2. Type of hair color used:
There are 4 types of hair color; temporary, semi-permanent, demi-permanent, and permanent.
- Temporary hair color: This hair dye is good to cover only the surface of your hair. It lasts till one shampoo.
- Semi-permanent hair color: Semi-permanent hair color also works well on the upper layer of hair. However its powerful particles of pigmentation impart a 10-15 shampoo stay.
- Demi-permanent hair color: This richly pigmented color requires low volume developer. This type of color stays for longer period.
- Permanent hair color: The typical hair dye that gets mixed with full volume developer and penetrates into the cortex hence giving permanent pigmentation is the permanent hair color.
3. Ingredients of hair color:
While thinking about what hair dye to use, a recommendation will always be for natural, organic ammonia-free dyes. However, these natural hair color does not harm your hair but have a tendency to stay for a lesser time.
4. Condition of natural hair:
The more your natural hair is in damaged condition, the faster your hair color will fade off. And the reason for it is that damaged hair opens up the outer layer of your hair that makes it more porous. Thus, treatment of damaged hair is always recommended before opting to color your hair.
5. Natural color of hair:
The longevity of hair color largely depends on the natural color of your hair. The higher the presence of melanin the darker the natural tint of hair is. And for such hair dark shade is best.
6. Skill of professional’s:
How well- pigmented your hair will depend on two factors; the texture of hair, and the processing time. A professional must have a good idea about these two factors. Also, he/she should have the perfect knowledge about the ratio of mixing the components. The absence of these skills will lead to sooner fading off your hair color.
7. Using right shampoo & conditioner:
Dyed hair requires color protecting shampoo and conditioner that restore pH of your hair. Avoid using regular shampoo as they lead to fading of your hair color fast.
Tips for long lasting hair color
Try these tips and I assure you a long-lasting pigmented hair.
- After getting your Hair colored avoid washing the hair with shampoo for a few days. The longer you wait to shampoo, the more chances will be there for your hair colorto settle precisely.
- Your regular shampoo is unsuitable on a color treated hair. Thus, you must go for color protect sulfate free shampoos and conditioners.
- Shampoo your hair twice a week. The less you use shampoo, the more long-lasting the color will be.
- Blow dryers, styler, curlers can damage the color of your hair. So, after getting the hair colored void using them frequently.
- Avoid going to swimming pools without shower cap. Presence of chlorine in water found in swimming pool coupled with sun rays can harshly affect your color treated hair. You must wear a shower cap before jumping into a swimming pool.
Frequently Asked Questions about long lasting hair color
Which hair colors last the longest?
The brown color lasts the longest. Apart from that, all the natural tints have good longevity.
What is the best permanent hair color?
KeracolorClenditioner Hair dye is the best long-lasting hair color.
What is the best hair dye for grey hair?
Garnier Hair Color Olia Oil Powered Permanent Hair Color is the best for grey coverage.
What is the best natural permanent hair color?
GarnierNutrisse nourishing Crème color is the best natural permanent hair color.
How long does permanent hair dye last before it fades?
Permanent hair color stays for 6-8 weeks.
Which hair dye brand is best?
Garnier is the best hair dye brand. The next best is L’Oreal, WELLA, and Arctic Fox.
How many washes does overtone last?
Whether it is permanent or semi-permanent hair color it starts fading after 10 washes.
Conclusion – Best long lasting hair color that doesn’t fade
I hope you have got your best hair color that doesn’t fade and is completely ready to adorn a new look. How was it? How you looked? How much you loved it? Tell every inch of your experience, we are ready to cherish it.
But, yes make sure to follow the instruction and tips word by word. Those are the personal experiences, they are genuinely helpful. And above all, these products will give you no less satisfaction than a salon.