A good lipstick shade that can last for long is what all ladies look for. For any occasion or a normal day, lipstick plays a major role. While doing makeup or just to enhance our appearance, a swipe of lipstick is a must.
And the best part is, to meet the requirements of different skin tones and textures, we are now available with the best lipstick for sensitive lips, best lipstick for wrinkled lips, best lipstick for dry lips, best moisturizing lipstick and so on.
If I talk about myself, I have dry and sensitive lips, thus, to fulfil make-up needs, I have gathered few shades of the best lipstick for sensitive lips in my vanity box. Lipstick shades undoubtedly enhance the appearance and radiance of the face. And this can only be achieved with the right choice.
How to choose lipstick
You need to be very careful while selecting lipsticksfor sensitive lips. Few important points of consideration are given below for your reference:
- Moisturizing factor: There are lipsticks available in the market that can dry out your lips after 1-2 hours of application. So, for sensitive lips, select the one that has moisturizing and hydrating properties. It must have argan oil, vitamin E oil etc.
- Long-Lasting: Go for lipstick shades that don’t require frequent touch-ups. This prevents drying/cracking of lips.
- Lipstick Texture: Lipsticks comes in various forms: Matte, Glossy, Crème, Liquid, etc. For dry lips matte lipsticks are not recommended, they can increase the dryness. Thus, the best lipstick for dry lips could be liquid or glossy. You get the comfort of wearing them.
Useful Link : 6 Best Fruit Facial Kit For Dry Skin
15 Best lipstick for sensitive lips
I have made a list of the lipsticks that are best for sensitive lips, with details. Here I share the list:
- Rimmel London Provocalips Colour
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick
- Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick
- Nyx Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream
- SUGAR Cosmetics Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick
- Sephora Collection Stain Liquid Lipstick
- Clinique Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick
- Covergirl Outlast All-Day Lip Color
- Neutrogena Moisture smooth Color Lipstick
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Lipstick
- Faceworks Sheer Lip Tint Ingenue
- Almay Smart Shade Butter Kiss Lipstick
- PYT Beauty Double Duty Lipstick+ Lip Gloss
- Fifth & Skin Natural Lipstick
- Ella+Mila Lips
1. Best Lipstick for Dry Lips: Rimmel London Provocalips Colour
Rimmel London is one of the renowned cosmetic brands, use of professionals. Every product has a touch of ingenuity. And so do their lipsticks. The brand has lipsticks for sensitive lips that last for a long time.
These lipsticks are enriched with pigments that offer an incredible texture to the lips. They don’t make lips greasy, at all.
- Does not dry out lips.
- Imparts natural and radiant tint.
- Contain nourishing elements like vitamin E.
- Smear proof and transfer-proof with zero traces.
- Last up to 12 hours.
- Comes with a foam tip applicator that gives a uniform glossy finish.
- Available in 16 shades.
- Has smell that users may not like.
- Can be removed with an oil based makeup remover.
- Also contains chemicals.
2. Best Lipstick for Chapped Lips: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick has been designed to set new rules. It provides comfort, smoothness and rich color to your lips without making them dry. Lips get an incredible texture; remains soft, light and well-maintained throughout the day.
Available in 24 matte shades, each shade has Agave, Moringa Oil and Capuacu butter. Its ultra-light formula makes it best for wrinkled lips. Lips get a velvety matte look.
- Infused with essential oils.
- Very easy to apply.
- Offers long-lasting stay.
- Offers a beautiful matte finish to lips without making them dry.
- Easy to carry.
- Perfect for everyday use.
- Decently priced.
- Easily available at online portals, cosmetic stores, malls etc.
- Transfers mildly.
3. Moisturizing Matte Lipstick: Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick
Maybelline has brought liquid matte lip color. The Super stay Matte Liquid Lipstick ensures 16 hours of long lasting flawless stay. Available in more than 25 super saturated shades, it imparts super smooth matte finish to lips. The silk powder enriched formula has done wonder.
It comes with a foam applicator to ensure smooth and even application of the shade.
- Gives an intense, radiant pigmentation that stays all day.
- Thanks to the formula enriched with silk powders that has the ability to fix colors.
- Smudged proof, transfer-proof, waterproof.
- Very easy to wear.
- Does not stick to the mouth at all.
- Does not dry out lips.
- Decently priced.
- Easily available online and in stores.
- Comes in attractive packaging.
- Has a thick and sticky formula.
- Difficult to remove.
4. Best Long Lasting Moisturizing Lipstick: Nyx Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream
Available in 11 shades, NYX Professional soft matte lip cream is highly durable. The moisturizing formula in it, unlike some matte lipsticks, controls the drying of lips.
This revolutionary product is enriched with emollients which give glamorous texture with a sophisticated, soft look. It efficiently provides long-lasting velvety effects on the lips.
- Possess non-drying property.
- Offers rich pigmentation for several hours.
- The creamy texture makes application easy and smooth.
- 6 free product.
- Comes with a soft foam applicator for even application.
- Light weight.
- Render rich look.
- Can be removed easily.
- Good staying power.
- Comes off with a heavy meal.
- Make lips a little dry.
5. Long-lasting Matte Lipstick: SUGAR Cosmetics Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick
Sugar Smudge Me Not is a smudge-proof lipstick, with a long-lasting stay. The shade does not fade away easily. Indeed, one coat this lipstick imparts a matte tone to lips with a bit of shine.
This is not only best for sensitive lips but also has good moisturizing properties as well.
Pros: Best lipstick for sensitive lips
- Generate a good shine.
- Gives the perfect illusion of having very luscious and generous lips.
- Comes in 42 gorgeous vibrant shades.
- The cushion tip applicator adds precision to the application. Ensures longevity.
- Ensures protection and hydration of lips.
- Fits the budget.
- Not completely smudge-proof.
- Contains paraben.
- Cannot withstand heavy meal.
6. Best Longlasting Lipstick: Sephora Collection Stain Liquid Lipstick
Sephora Velvety Transfer Free Rouge has been ranked among the long-wear lipsticks for sensitive lips. The lipstick comes in a classic shape, and stands different from others in characteristics.
With its unique texture, the lipstick offers a creamy result. It subsequently becomes light velvety after application. The lips get flawless pigmentation that lasts for long hours.
- Composed of avocado oil and Vitamin E that provide nutrition to the lips.
- Formulated with fixing components for a transfer-free effect.
- Look pure and natural.
- Add comfort to the lips.
- Generate an incredible long-lasting matte finish.
- Doesn’t dry out.
- Can choose from 23 available shades.
7. Best Hydrating Lipstick: Clinique Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick (green tube) – Matte Beauty
Being in the range of long-lasting lipsticks, Clinique offers its product entitled “Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick”. This long-lasting lipstick offers a flawless hold on the lips. Lips get a soft, matte finish.
This lipstick has the characteristic of not drying out the lips. With its application, lips get perfect velvety coverage with maximum comfort. This is one of the best lipstick for sensitive lips.
- Its moisturizing formula, adds an incredible smooth shine.
- Has great efficiency.
- Generate satisfactory result.
- Provides perfect vibrant coverage throughout the day.
- Ensures a sophisticated matte look.
- Reasonably priced.
- Easily available.
- May sit in lip lines after some time.
- May feel dry after few hours.
8. Long Lasting Lipstick: Covergirl Outlast All-Day Lip Color
The famous Covergirl lipstick gives long-lasting beautiful colors. For almost 24 hours, this lipstick gives a moisturized shiny look. It comes with a moisturizing top coat that moisturizes the lip.
Being rich in nutrients, it imparts shine, hydration and of course an elegant look. The lipstick has a remarkable feature. It never crumbles or flakes after application. The result is certainly fresh and supple for good comfort throughout the day.
- Certified as cruelty-free products.
- Smudge-proof and food proof.
- Has a soft foam applicator for easy and smooth application.
- Comes in vibrant shades.
- Stays up to almost 24 hours.
- Comes off easily.
9. The Most Moisturizing Lipstick: Neutrogena Moisture smooth Color Lipstick
Having long wear of more than 10 hours is a great performance for lipstick. This is the case with Neutrogena Moisture smooth Color Lipstick.
This beautiful lipstick comes in the form of a twist up lip color that lasts for a longtime. It is smudge-proof, food proof and proof to other activities. It offers a wonderful, shiny tone, leaving the skin completely hydrated and soft.
- 16 loveable shades available.
- Enriched in a moisturizing formula that provides good coverage.
- Good shiny, bright and authentic colors.
- Stays throughout the day.
- Easy to apply.
- Never dry out lips after application.
- Transfer slightly.
10. Liquid Lipstick: L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Lipstick
L’Oreal Paris presents Infallible Pro-Matte Liquid Lipstick for ultra matt lasting finish. This lipstick provides full coverage all day round. The lipstick comes in beautiful and highly pigmented shades to choose from.
With the never-dry-out feature, it lasts for almost 16 hours. This is even claimed as the best moisturizing lipstick.
- Comes in 12 highly pigmented shades.
- Each shade has a long-lasting effect of up to 16 hours.
- Fits the budget.
- Easily available in stores and online.
- Comes with a unique applicator tip for easy, even and smooth application.
- Get removed with makeup remover.
- May leave a stain after removal.
11. Hypoallergenic Lipstick for Sensitive Skin: Faceworks Sheer Lip Tint Ingenue
Faceworks Hypoallergenic Lipsticks passes the criteria for sensitive lips. This is a no-paraben, no-fragrance hypoallergenic lipstick. It comes in satin creamy colour or matte and frosted form.
Filled with natural antioxidants and vitamin A and E, it works great on dry lips. The best part is its natural squalene ingredients generate a good anti-ageing effect. It smoothens, softens and moisturizes lips.
- Hypoallergenic lipstick.
- No-paraben, no-fragrance lipsticks.
- A wide variety of shades are available.
- Filled with antioxidants, Vitamin A and E.
- The presence of natural squalene ingredients generates an anti-ageing property.
- Very long-lasting.
- One of the best lipsticks for sensitive lips.
- May cause mild irritation to super sensitive lips.
12. Almay Smart Shade Butter Kiss Lipstick (Hypoallergenic Lipstick)
“Butter Kiss”! A perfect name, for this edition of Almay Lip colour. It is so soft and moisturizing that it deserves the title. Shea butter, coconut oil in it moisturizes and smoothens lips. Thus, lips get a hydrated plumper look.
- 11 Different shades available
- The hybrid soft gel formula helps to give medium to full coverage with a shine.
- It is neither matte nor sticky, like a gloss.
- Has a creamy texture with a shiny finish.
- Smartly coordinated to complement the skin tone.
- Tested by dermatologists.
- Light in weight.
- Easy to remove. Wipe it off.
- Not long-lasting.
- In the case of super sensitive lips, apply petroleum jelly beforehand.
13. Hypoallergenic lipstick: PYT Beauty Double Duty Lipstick+ Lip Gloss
What if you get a lip colour that gives both a subtle and bold look? Surprised! It has been made possible by PYT Beauty. The brand has created a double-sided lip duo– a satin matte lipstick, a Shiny tinted glass.
The duo creates subtle look, separately and bold look together. Enriched with shea butter, mango seed butter and Vitamin E, it hydrates and moisturizes lips. As a result, lips look nourished and plumpy. You get elegant pigmented lips.
- A double-sided lip duo – a satin matte lipstick, a shiny tinted gloss.
- Has a creamy texture that gives full coverage.
- Can be worn separately or together, to create a subtle and bold look.
- A lightweight, non-sticky formula gives a comfortable feel.
- Does not dry out lips.
- Cruelty – free product.
- Free from silicone, paraben, harmful elements.
- Highly recommended for sensitive lips.
- Does not give rich pigmentation.
- Not long-lasting.
14. Best Lipstick for Dry Lips: Fifth & Skin Natural Lipstick
This is 100% natural, non-toxic moisturizing lipstick. It has organic butter, botanical extracts, essential oils that nourishes and moisturizes lips. This lipstick heals chapped lips, and conditions them.
- 100% natural, vegan, non-toxic matte lipstick.
- Heal chapped lips.
- Nourishes and condition lips.
- Has an anti-oxidant property.
- Cruelty-free product.
- Free from lead, paraben.
- Very good for sensitive lips.
- Does not last long.
15. Best Moisturizing Lipstick: Ella+Mila Lips
Are you looking for an all-day wear lip colour? Then, Ella+Mila Lips is the best option. It has an amazing long-lasting formula that stays for all day. Enriched with Vitamin E, it adds extra hydration to the lips.
As a result, lips do not dry out. But apart from this, it gives rich matte pigmentation. Thus, lips look gorgeous and sophisticated.
- Very long-lasting, an all-day wear product.
- Rich matte pigmentation.
- Colour varies from the deep ruby shade to bright bombshell red and light pink nudes.
- Enriched in Vitamin E.
- Adds extra hydration.
- Does not dry put lips.
- Easy to apply.
- Free from gluten, phthalates, and parabens.
- Cruelty-free, vegan products.
- Can be removed with a make-up remover.
Frequently Asked Questions on Lipsticks
What is the best color lipstick for thin lips?
What color lipstick makes you look younger?
Does matte lipstick look good on older women?
Should older women wear lipstick?
Final Verdict: Best lipstick for sensitive lips
A long-lasting lipstick is ideal for keeping lips attractive all day long. Now that you’ve learned about the best lipsticks, I guess you will make your choice. These lipsticks garnered appreciation.
The above-recommended lipsticks are some of the best available. So go ahead and have a read. Also, do share your comments in the comment box below. If you know about any high-grade lipstick other than these, do share it with us.