Can you imagine your make up kit without your kajal or kohl? No! Never! At least, I can’t. We, women, have a deep bond with kajal. No look of ours is complete without that dark stroke on the eyes.
Even the cosmetic brands know what importance it has! We have huge options to choose from. This is very confusing, indeed. So, here we’ve brought a list of some of the best kajal in India, only for you.
History of Kajal (relation eyes have with kajal)
The culture of dark eyes or kohled eyes has its foundation in ancient times. Egyptian men and women were one of the first to darken their eyes with kajal or kohl. This culture was adopted not for beautification, but to protect and cool the eyes from the harsh sun rays.
Later on, people noticed that kajal also enhances the beauty of the eyes. Since then it became essential for great looking eyes. With a stroke of kajal, eyes look dramatic, intense, and defined.
In fact, variations in stroke change the look completely. Keeping in mind the climate of India and the need of Indian women, kajal has been reinvented or reformed. Today we have long-lasting, smudge-proof, transfer-proof, waterproof, soft kajals. And they are the bests.
10 Best kajal in India
|Lakmé Eyeconic Kajal|
|Maybelline New York Colossal Kajal|
|Elle 18 Eye Drama Kajal|
|Lotus HerbalEcostay Kajal|
|L’Oréal Paris Kajal Magique|
|M.A.C Techna kohl Kajal Eyeliner Pencil|
|Bobbi Brown Long Wear Eye Pencil|
|SUGAR Cosmetics Twist and Shout Fade proof Kajal|
|PlumNaturStudio All-Day-Wear Kohl Kajal|
|FacesMagnet Eye Kajal|
1. Best Water Proof Kajal in India: Lakmé Eyeconic Kajal
The most popular and trusted cosmetic brand has brought, kajal in its reinvented form. Eyeconic is a product that has wide acceptance in India and the world. It is a trusted kajal that lasts for 10 hours without getting smudged.
This dermatologically tested kajal glides smoothly giving a great matte finish to eyes.You can use it as an eyeliner too, but recently Eyeconic has launched its eyeliner. Lakmé Eyeconic is available in different shades: black, intense black, brown, blue, and white. So, redefine your eyes with Eyeconic.
- Intense matte finish.
- Different shades are available.
- Last up to 10 hours.
- No tugging or pulling.
- Dermatologically tested.
- Re-touch needed at the waterline. Does not long there.
- Doesn’tlong for hours as it claims.
- More than one strokeis needed for intense pigmentation.
Suggested Read: Best Waterproof Eyeliner for Sensitive Eyes
2. Best smudge proof kajal: Maybelline New York Colossal Kajal
Maybelline New York colossal! Who have not heard this name? This popular kajal gives dark bold colour to your eyes that last for 12 hours. It is smudge-proof, waterproof and transfer-proof.
It has a soft smooth texture thathelps it to glide swiftly on the waterline, too. Colossal is ophthalmologically tested. So, it is safe to wearon sensitive eyes and to those who wear contact lens. This kajal is economical too.
- Give dark bold colour.
- Ophthalmologically tested.
- Contains essential oils.
- Stays for 12 hours.
- Transfer resistant.
- Economical; lasts for two months.
- Doesn’t last for 16 hours, as it claims.
3. Best kajal pencil in India: Elle 18 Eye Drama Kajal
As the name says, this Elle 18 kajal makes your eyes bolder, more dramatic and adds more definition. It is smudge-proof and decently waterproof. The jet black shade imparts superb pigmentation that makes your eyes look bold.
The texture of the Kajal is so creamy that it glides smoothly and swiftly. One stroke of the kajal makes your eyes dramatic, bold and beautiful. Elle 18 eye drama kajal follows the tradition. It is extremely affordable. In other words, it is a high-quality but affordable kajal.
- Jet black shade imparts bold pigmentation.
- A super creamy texture helps the kajal to glide smoothly.
- Decent waterproof.
- Very affordable.
- Does not last long.
- Re-touch needed.
4. Best waterproof kajal pencil: Lotus Herbal Ecostay Kajal
The kajal has a velvety texture that gives your eyes a superb creamy finish for 12 hours. The long-lasting water-resistant formula locks the kajal without any effort on the waterline. The kajal does not get smudged or transferred. Its high pigmentation formula adds boldness and definition to your eyes.
Eyes look more attractive and charming. Lotus Herbals is free from parabens and preservatives. So, those with sensitive eyes can use the kajal. Thiskajal gives what it claims.
- Has a lightweight velvety texture.
- Stays for 12 hours.
- Free from parabens and preservatives.
- Glide without any effort.
- Smudge-proof, waterproof, transfer-proof.
- Has high pigmentation formula.
- A little expensive than other brands.
- Not retractable.
5. Best kajal for sensitive eyes in India: L’Oréal Paris Kajal Magique
The name denotes the motive: bold, beautiful and magical eyes. With the stroke of it, eyes get an intense bold definition. The deep black colour makes your eyes look enchanted. L’Oréal Magique has good longevity. It stays for 7 to 8 hours without getting smudged.
The kajal comes in retractable pencil packaging that glides smoothly with no tugging. Its light weight texture makes it comfortable on the eyes. In fact, it does not irritate eyes. So, contact lens wearers trust me, and you can use it without any hesitation. L’Oréal Magique has a ‘Bold’ variant also.
- Enriched with the goodness of Vitamin E, olive oil esters and cocoa butter.
- Intense bold definition in an instant.
- A bold variant is available.
- Lasts for 7 to 8 hours without getting smudged.
- Mineral pigments generate the bold black colour.
- Easy to afford and apply.
- Does not last for 12 hours.
Suggested Read: Best Eye shadow In India for Sparkling Eyes
6. Best kajal brand in India: M.A.C Techna kohl Kajal Eyeliner Pencil
One stroke of M.A.C. Kohl gives your eyes a seductive, sultry and a little scandalous look. It has a silky, soft texture, that sits well on the waterline. With its high coverage formula and deep dark pigment, eyes stay bold, sultry for not less than 12 hours.
M.A.C. Techna kohl has the blackest of black colour. It is not only smudge proof but also budge proof. However, it is a little bit costly.
- One stroke wonder
- Smudge-proof and water-proof.
- Blackest of black colour.
- Last for 12 hours, even on the waterline.
- Does not crumble.
- Deep dark pigmentation formula.
- Contact lens wearers can invest in it.
- A little bit expensive.
- Trusted packing, with no twist back inside mechanism.
- Wearers must be careful while twisting up the kohl.
7. Long lasting kajal for waterline: Bobbi Brown Long Wear Eye Pencil
The famous Bobbi Brown kajal pencil comes in 6 different shades. Each of them is formulated with rich pigmentation formula. Its one stroke gives great colour and definition to the eyes. Eyes look bold and attractive.
Bobbi Brown Kohl comes in a pencil packaging accompanied by a sharpener. It has a rich, creamy gel-like texture that sits well on the waterline. This gel-like texture makes it resistant to smudge and water for at least 10 hours. So, for 10 hours bold, dramatic look of the eyes get sealed.
- Contains rich pigmentation formula.
- One stroke imparts superb colour and definition.
- 6 different shades are available.
- High-quality creamy gel-like texture.
- Smudge-proof, waterproof and transfer-proof.
- Last for at least 10 hours.
- Suits sensitive eyes.
8. Best kajal that doesn’t smudge: SUGAR Cosmetics Twist and Shout Fade proof Kajal
Within a few years, Sugar has earned a place in the world of the cosmetic industry. Its kajal is a “single product with the power of two”. Its cream-like texture helps it to glide and settle down on the eyes, perfectly. It does not fade easily. However, it does not stay long on too watery eyes.
Sugar kajal is available in two different shades. The ‘Black Velvet’ variant adds more boldness and drama to the eye. But, the kajal has a noteworthy feature. It contains no mineral oils, which makes it suitable for sensitive eyes.
- 2 variations of shade are available.
- Free from mineral oils.
- Smudge-proof and fade proof.
- Stays for a long time.
- Has a soft cream-like texture.
- Suitable for sensitive eyes.
- Does not stay longer on too watery eyes.
Also Read: 10 Best False Eyelashes You Can Buy
9. Best Vegan Kajal: Plum NaturStudio All-Day-Wear Kohl Kajal
This is one of the popular drugstore Kajal we have. Formulated with vitamin E, rice bran wax and castor oil, this Kajal is free from preservatives. It has been approved by ophthalmologists.
So, this Kajal is suitable for sensitive eyes, and contact lens wearers. It causes no eye irritation. This is a pencil Kajal accompanied by a sharpener. But, it performs like a gel liner. It has a creamy seamless texture that glides swiftly on the waterline. It gives a dark pigmented look to the eyes that stays for 10 hours.
- Stays for 10 hours.
- Contains no preservatives.
- A vegan product.
- 100% smudge-proof.
- Seamless texture.
- Approved by ophthalmologists.
- For a dark eye, more than one stroke is required.
10. Best kajal for eyes in India: Faces Magnet Eye Kajal
Are you looking for Kajal that stays in your eyes throughout the day? Then you can invest in Faces Magnet eye kajal. Its super soft texture gives eyes the blackest of black colour with just one stroke.
This Kajal neither melt-downs nor smudge away. In fact, it stays as it is throughout the day. All you need is to define the eyes with it and set out for the destination. It does not even need any kind of retouch.
- Waterproof and smudge proof.
- Enriched in Vitamin E.
- Very long-lasting.
- Blackest version of black colour.
- Tested and approved by dermatologists.
- Fits the budget.
- Difficult to remove.
How to apply kajal without smudging: Steps to use kajal
There are several ways of applying Kajal or eyeliner. In fact, every woman has her signature style of doing their eyes. But there are some basic steps through which you can get stunning beautiful eyes in a few minutes.
Glide the stroke swiftly
- Apply the first stroke on the lower waterline. This makes your eyes prominent.
- Glide the stroke at the outer corner to get a darker tone. If you have small eyes then do not darken the inner corners, because this makes them look smaller.
Do the layering
- Do you know the secret of long lasting makeup? It is layering. You need to follow the same technique to get dark bold eyes.
- For this, you need a sharp Kajal pencil. Make sure it should not inflict pain on the eyes.
- Start lining the eyes from the outer corner and then make way to the inner corner.Using this technique your eyes will have no excess deposits in the inner corner.
- Applycoat that gives a well-defined look. Do not apply too much.
- In the case of small eyes, the application should focus on the outer corner. This makes eyes look big and prominent.
Smudge the kajal
- If you want a sophisticated smoky look, then with a smudging brush gently smudge the Kajal.
- Make sure tosmudge each layer of the kajalor liner.
Work on the upper waterline
- To highlight your eyes you have to work on the upper waterline. With a kajal or eyeliner line the upper waterline. Remember to line the roots of the lashes, as well.This makes the lashes look thick and addsprominence to the eyes.
Work on the upper lid
- To get well-defined, dark eyes apply a stroke of Kajal or eyeliner on the upper lid.
- Start by closing the eyes you are working on.
- Draw a soft line at the outer corner and move to the inner corner.
- With short strokes thicken the line, as you want it to be.
- Let it dry for a few minutes.
- Once it dries up, you get that bold desired look.
The final words : Best kajal in India
We all know how expressive our eyes are! They speak a lot about us. Similarly, eye makeup speaks a lot about our style, our choice of fashion. Whatever the style we follow, whatever look we adorn, our eyes are noticed at first. And so having the correct kajal or eyeliner is very important. After all, it is such a versatile product!
So, girls, always choose the best for you. But keep in mind it is your eyes, the delicate and precious part of the body. And so, it needs the best; best in quality, best in composition and best in performance, of course.
The above products are few, among the best, available. But, if you know about any other best kajal available in India, feel free to tell us.
Till then, create your look, create your style.